SSH into the device by either wifi or USB to Ethernet adapter and login with the above credentials. If you have version 31 or above in North America, you will need to use the USB to Ethernet adapter first, after which you can enable wifi.
Putty (SSH Access) = http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
WinSCP (File Transfer) = http://winscp.net/eng/download.php
Known good chipset is AX88772B.
Known good adapters:
IF YOU NEED A LONG ETHERNET CABLE - This one worked well for me:
Ethernet Cable, CAT5e - 100 ft Blue - Only $8.39
1) Connect your computer and Mazda to the same network, either via wifi or a USB adapter.
2) The car will obtain an IP address via DHCP.
nmap -p 22 192.168.1.0/24
1) Open Terminal.app (found in Applications>Utilites>Terminal.app)
2) SSH to your Mazda by entering the following command into Terminal, using the car's IP address
3) If both the computer and the car are on the same network, and you have entered the correct IP address, you will be prompted to enter the password. Type jci and press enter. (This will not show as you type.)
4) The username in terminal will change from your computer's name to /tmp/root #.
1) Open PuTTY.
2) In the Host Name box, enter the car's IP address and click Open.